Get Our Help to Apply for GUDP
Nordic Innovators supports deep tech startups and innovative SMEs throughout their funding journey with tailored strategic advisory services on financing their R&D and innovation projects. We take the lead on the preparation and submission of a high-quality written application and our collaborative approach ensures timely delivery of a strong application. Our services also include:
The Green Development and Demonstration Programme (GUDP) supports innovative projects that promote green and economic sustainability in agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture, and the food industry. GUDP is a programme under the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries of Denmark, and it is administered by the Danish Agricultural Agency. The programme is chaired by a ministerial board, and its members are experts from across the food sector.
GUDP’s first round pool consists of DKK 90 million for development, demonstration, and network projects within food production.
Applicants must be persons, companies, industry organisations, associations, self-governing institutions, and public research institutions registered in the Central Business Register (CVR) in Denmark. Approved Technological Service Institutes (GTS), industry organizations, associations, and self-governing institutions are considered private companies in the context of GUDP grants.
GUDP funds four types of activities:
- Development - contribute to the development of new or improved products, processes or technologies based on the acquisition and application new and existing knowledge and skills.
- Demonstration – have the primary purpose to convey and disseminate scientific knowledge and practice regarding the use of e.g., results from research and/or development activities related to new products, processes or technologies.
- Application-oriented research – are necessary for achieving development and demonstration targets.
- Network – have the purpose of mapping barriers and business perspectives and potential for development within a defined area.
A project can have more than one type of activity and the overall target of a project is the commercialisation of the project results by the participating partners.
The size of the grant depends on activity types and are divided into two groups.
- Projects within development and demonstration with or without applied research can typically receive a total grant of DKK 1-15 million, with a project period of max. 4 years.
- Network projects have a duration of 1-2 years and can typically receive a total grant of DKK 1-2 million.
The maximum grant rates are published with the call and depend on the type of activity and the company size.
Projects must be in alignment with GUDP’s 2022-2026 strategy. In addition, applications are assessed on six parameters, four concerning green sustainability:
- Limited effect on the environment from nutrients (N and P), pesticides and climate gasses
- Sustainable use of resources
- Food security and quality, human health and nutrition
- Green production methods
and two concerning economic sustainability:
- The project participants’ economic gains
- Broader economic effects
It is a requirement that all projects have an effect on at least one green parameter and one economic parameter. Apart from the concrete impact of the project, factors such as business potential, relevance and the participants' competencies are included in the overall assessment of the projects.
Second round: 31 August 2023
Do you have an innovative idea?
And do you need help to find the right funding programme - We can help you!Contact Us