The Eurostars programme is directed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), as well as individual scientist, to enable them to lead international collaborative research and innovation projects by facilitating easy access to support and funding.
Grant opportunity for Danish SMEs: Up to 50% of project costs (funding ceiling of €300,000 per Danish project). Grants for research institutions and Approved Technological Service Institutes: Up to 75% of project costs covered if a Danish SME is participating. Large companies in Denmark can participate, but will not receive funding.
Grant opportunity for Norwegian SMEs: Up to 50% of project costs (funding ceiling of MNOK 4 per Norwegian project). Grants for research institutions and university colleges: Up to 75% of project costs covered if a Norwegian SME is participating. Without participation of a Norwegian SME, 50% in funding. Large companies in Norway can participate receiving 30% in funding.
The participating EUREKA countries have individual reimbursement and budget constraints.
Collaboration between at least two partners from different EUREKA member countries, of which at least one must be a research-intensive SMEs. Research-intensive SMEs must use at least 10% of their turnover or their full-time employees in R&D activities. Large companies and knowledge institutions can participate; however, a prerequisite is that the research-intensive SMEs hold at least 50% of the total project budget (max 75%).
The maximum duration of a Eurostars project is three years, and the product must be on the market no later than two years after completion of the project.
Eurostars has common guidelines for all member countries and runs an international panel of experts for evaluation of the applications. The Advisory Board consists of both technical experts and business people. The main criteria are:
Project organisation (basic assessment):
Market potential (Market and Commercialisation):
- All partners have commercial and/or strategic interests in achieving project results, and potential conflicts of interest are taken care of
- The project coordinator has extensive experience in managing projects with multiple partners
- The project has quantitative indicators, which can document progress on an on-going basis
Innovation (Innovation and R&D):
- Vast global market or dominant position in a lucrative niche market
- The partners already have access to the global market or a convincing plan
- Risk that competitors will launch a better product is low
- The project aims at technological breakthrough with important consequences for the market
- Partners can demonstrate a track record as pioneers in their field
Programme homepage: Eurostars
Nordic Innovators has considerable experience in developing Eurostars proposals and can assist within all aspects of the application process. Please contact Kenneth Junge Hermansen on +45 3120 5538 or write an e-mail to email@example.com
og hør hvordan vi kan bidra til å realisere ditt innovasjonsprosjekt.