User-driven Research-based Innovation (BIA)
BIA funds industry-oriented research and has no thematic restrictions. This broad-based programme supports high-quality R&D projects with good business and socio-economic potential. Established in 2006, BIA is targeted at industry and has a budget of approximately MNOK 490.
Within the scope of its responsibility, the BIA programme seeks to promote the greatest possible value creation in Norwegian trade and industry through research-based innovation in companies and the R&D groups with which they cooperate. To reach this objective, the activities of the programme is focused on achieving the following outcomes:
- Increased investment in research-based innovation in trade and industry;
- A higher level of aspiration and expertise in the companies’ own R&D activity;
- Higher quality in the national R&D groups used to generate innovation in trade and industry.
Generally, BIA supports applications within the following:
- Innovation Projects: Companies collaborating with other companies and/or R&D groups (Universities and university colleges (higher education) and/or the institute sector).
- Competence Projects: R&D groups (higher education and/or the institute sector) with internationally competitive competence base and extensive involvement in industry-oriented projects.
In an industry-driven Innovation Project, the project partners shall co-finance at least 50% of the total project costs, funding from the Norwegian Research Council normally constitutes MNOK 1-4 per year.
The project owner (main applicant) must be a Norwegian company/organisation with a named administratively coordinator. The project owner can apply on behalf of a group of companies.
- Degree of innovation
- The potential of value creation for industry partners
- Realisation of innovation
- Research degree
- Project quality for the R&D project
- Implementation capacity
- The research relevance for innovation
- Other socioeconomic benefits
- Document quality
- R&D risk
- International collaboration
- Dissemination and communication
- Relevance in relation to the call text
Programme website: BIA
Nordic Innovators has good experience with this type of applications and can assist in all aspects of the application process. Please contact Kenneth Junge Hermansen on +45 3120 5538 or write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more about how we can help realise your R&D project.